Thursday, November 7, 2019

Final Blog for Commercial

Today we were able to start editing our commercial. Last class we couldn’t start the editing process. This was due to the computers that we had moving very slow or having pop ups. Then put teacher told us to all just stop using those computers. This resulted in us using laptops from the laptop cart. These were a lot more effective and efficient. They turned on quickly and imported our files quickly as well. So this class I grabbed a laptop instead of using the computers. We only had 50 minutes to do so, so I knew we had to hurry. I logged in on one of the laptops and started. I opened google then went to google docs. Another group mate logged into his gmail because he had all of the files on his account.
First I had to pick out a clip from each scene that best fit. So first I went through the scene where one of the group members is showing their shoes. There was about five clips of this so I just picked the best one or the one that showed the shoes off the most. The next scene is another one of the group members but we had to make sure the shorts were being shown off. I decided on a clip that had him walk toward the camera then slightly turn to show the Nike lable. Next was my scene. We had to make sure to show the label off that was on the shirt. So the group  tried to do the scene with certain actions during it. I suggested that we bring in another group mate and pretend that we’re having a conversation. Another group mate suggested that I should pretend like I was studying. I ended up picking the clip where I’m talking to another group mate. The conversation looked mostly natural and it brought the feeling of friendship and happiness into the commercial. Next was the scene where we had to show off the Nike backpack. The group and I had already planned that we were going to have the member walk up the stairs and it would be a low angle. But I didn’t know how low of an angle I  had to go. I tried shooting the scene on the tripod and by hand. I ended up picking the clip where the camera was sitting on the tripod rather then by hand because it was too shaky. Last I had to find a video of all of us together that looked okay. We did several attempts for this one. I know that we have to edit whatever video we chose because we could not figure out if the camera had a timer or not. I ended up picking a video where we were all sitting at a table on the senior patio.
We only got a little bit of editing done today. All I was able to get done was a dissolve to black transition in between every scene along with adding simple background music that had no lyrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment