Monday, October 28, 2019

Editing: the commercial

I tried to edit today. Previously, I dumped all the footage from the camera to the computer. I did this by plugging the SD card reader into the computer. Then all of the clips into a file on the computer. I named the file Nike Commercial. So I figured since this was done and there was no complications that all the footage would be there. But I was very wrong. I had another group mate log into the computer. Immediately there was a problem with the computer. I brought up pinnacle studios. As soon as the groupmate logged in the computer it didn’t have the footage on it. I started to panic because I only have an hour and ten minutes to finish everything. I had to sign out the SD card reader again. I realized that I might have dumped the footage wrong. I took the sheet the group used to sign out the equipment Friday and got an SD card reader and the SD card. I looked in my backpack to see if I could find my notes on how to properly dump the footage thinking that I dumped it wrong. But I had no luck because I left my other book at home. I clicked on some files hoping that they were the groups. I waited for the computer to load the footage. It ended up bringing up someone else’s footage. It was footage that was an example of an already existing little movie or commercial. So it was safe to delete it, which my group mate did. I went into another file that was on the computer and found our footage. My teacher told us to move all of our footage to a flash drive or google drive. I asked the group what we were gonna move the footage to and decided to move it to google drive. I had to start editing now. The computers are extremely slow so it was a hassle. I wanted to start seeing the footage but the computer said it was analyzing something to please wait. This process took about 5 minutes then it exited out of the app. When I clicked on it to open it again thinking that it reset, the computer asked if Pinnacle Studios could make changes to the computer and needed a password and username. So that lead me to be stuck. At this point we were running out of class time and just exported all of our existing footage to google docs to make sure it didn’t get deleted.

No comments:

Post a Comment