Friday, October 25, 2019

Filming blog

 Today we started filming. I first signed out all of our equipment on a sign out sheet that we have to use every single time we sign an SD card or any other camera equipment out. I had to change into my clothing piece which was a Nike shirt because I wasn’t wearing it already. Everyone else was already wearing their props however. I had it outside once we had all of our equipment in order.  The first place we went to film was the softball field. I suggested that we should go to originally film on the track but everyone was at the track so we decided it would just be better if the scene was filmed on the baseball field becase it was a less crowded location. I had a difficult time because the grass on the softball field was wet but besides that we took about eight different shots of one of the group members walking around the camera. I tried her walking in a circle.I also tried her walking away from the camera and running. Our next location was at a crop circle at our school. I tried different techniques as to how we wanted to set the camera up whether or not it would be on the tripod or hand held. I had one of our group members walking with only the shorts in the shot and just move the tripod as he was walking. But I also suggested trying to hold the camera by hand and have him walk toward it. I took a few shots of both and kept moving. Our next location was outside of the cafeteria. Three of our members stood  on the top of some stairs that were near the cafeteria so we could make sure we get a higher angle of the shot. I  tried a few different activities that I could do while the shot was going on. For example I tried studying.  So I took out one of my binders and pretend that I was looking at notes. And i also decided to bring another one of our group members in and pretended like we were talking. Our next location  was the stairs in front of the media center. It was difficult making sure we were getting a low angle of the backpack. I first tried it on the tripod but we thought that it wasn’t low enough so we tried handheld. I took seven or eight shots of this then went to the senior patio. This was our last shot and we were confused on what position we should be for it. We all knew that we were going to show our Nike tire in the shot but we weren’t sure if we were going to sit down or stand up. I suggested  that we should take a few shots of both. So i took about three or four shots of us standing up with our props on. And we all also took a few shots of us sitting on one of the cafeteria tables. I had a difficult time with timing the camera. So one of the members hit play on the camera and just walked over to the rest of us and continue the shot. So when I start editing I will have to edit this out.

No comments:

Post a Comment